2nd year of BACHILLERATO
English in a minute (short videos)
How to make a summary
Remember to summarize the text you have read. Use the following tips:
- Shorten the text in such a way that all facts are in the summary. Leave out examples, evaluations and interpretations.
- Skim the text. You should know what is the main content of it. Read the headline carefully.
- Read the text again to understand more details. You must have understood the whole text.
- Make notes (use keywords). Underline important words in the text.
- Form sentences with the help of your keywords. These sentences should reflect the main content of the text.
- Connect the sentences using suitable conjunctions. The first sentence should describe the main content of the text.
- Use Simple Present or Simple Past. Write sentences in Reported speech.
- Sometimes you have to change the persons.
- Check your summary. Watch out for spelling mistakes.
Take a Seat & Make a friend
In the middle of a city square sits a giant tub of colorful balls and above it hangs a sign that says, “Take a Seat & Make a Friend“. Two strangers climb in and talk about life questions, some funny, some serious.
What starts out as what may seem like a weird social experiment turns into the sharing of life stories, laughter, hugs, and even a secret handshake or two.
|wallflower n||figurative (shy person) (mujer)||la fea del baile loc nom m|
|(hombre)||el que no baila loc nom m|
|slang (things you wish to do before dying)||cosas por hacer antes de morir grupo nom|
|Swimming with dolphins is on Susan's bucket list.|